1. Why should I choose Hitch3DPrint?We are connected to more than 100 partners worldwide, and we only work with companies who directly own the metal printers for they are the ones who are equipped with the required expertise and know-how on metal printing. This ensures better prices, part quality and shorter lead time for you.
2. How can I get a quotation on my model?There are two services to obtain a quotation on your model.
- i. Hitch a Print is an auto quotation system where the user will be able to obtain the quotation immediately upon selecting the technology, material type and uploading the CAD file(s).
- ii. Book a Print is a Request for Quotation (RFQ) system where the user will wait for Hitch Partners to submit their quotes upon selecting the technology, material type and uploading the CAD file(s).
3. What is the difference between "Hitch a Print" and "Book a Print"?
Hitch a Print
Book a Print
Types of Printing Technologies
Electron Beam Melting
Electron Beam Melting*
Hybrid (Laser Melting and Milling)*
Specify additional post processing requirements
• Machining of critical dimensions
• Surface finishing (plating, polishing, etc)
Within 21 days
Depends on request
# If applicable
* Able to specify the printing parameters such as build orientation and process parameters
** Able to specify heat treatment methods
4. What is the quality to be expected from a metal printed part?
5. What are the technologies offered?Electron Beam Melting Electron Beam Melting (EBM) is a metal Powder Bed Fusion (PBF) process where an electron beam is used to selectively melt and fuse a cross-section of a CAD file in a layer by layer fashion within a vacuum chamber.
Laser Melting Laser Melting is a metal Powder Bed Fusion (PBF) process similar to EBM where a laser beam is used instead to selectively melt and fuse a cross section within a nitrogen or argon gas environment.
Hybrid (Laser Melting & Milling) Hybrid (Laser Melting and Milling) is essentially laser melting process followed by milling process after every few layers metal.
6. Who are our partners and where are they located?We have spent more than 2 years consolidating these companies worldwide. The companies and their locations can be found here.
7. How can I be part of the network?We welcome partners on board as long as they are able to demonstrate metal printing capabilities and albeit by the following published standards:
- i. ISO/ASTM DIS 52901:2017 (Additive Manufacturing – General Principles – Requirements for Purchased AM Parts)
- ii. ISO/ASTM 52900:2015 (Additive Manufacturing – General Principles – Terminology)
8. How secured are my files?Our security framework utilizes cryptographic hashes like SHA-256, a Secure Hash Algorithm which serves as the basis for Bitcoin's network proof of work (PoW) algorithm.
Intellectual Property (IP) matters are of utmost importance to us. All partners signed a comprehensive non-disclosure agreement (NDA) with Hitch3DPrint upon registration. After which, their registrations will be verified by Hitch3DPrint before they can be a partner. Besides, your details and files are not revealed until:
- i. A partner commits to deliver your request under Hitch a Print service.
- ii. You have selected a partner for your request under Book a Print service.
9. What is minimum price policy?We are offering free shipping worldwide. For this reason, there is a minimum price of USD141.18 applied for parts that cost less than that.